Usually brief and always honest, Seeking Eloquence features mostly book reviews, with plans for the very occasional post about other noteworthy buys and particularly notable booze.
Latest Book Reviews
- Made in Korea by Sarah SukIf you’re looking for an #OwnVoices YA title with a softly whimsical slice of life narrative, pick up Made in Korea— it’s a good pick for a light weekend read with a hint of romance.
- Love is What You Bake of it by Effie KammenouThe first book in author Effie Kammenou’s Meraki series, Love is What You Bake of it features sweet treats, nods to Greek-American culture, and a delicious romance that’ll warm your heart and bring a blush to your cheeks.
- Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. ManansalaThis cozy mystery is filled with charming surprises, curious revelations, and delightful nods to Filipino-American food, life, and culture.
- The Last Exiles by Ann ShinIn an incredibly moving chronicle of love, hope, desperation, and perseverance, a young North Korean couple risks life and limb to escape the country and reunite. It begs the question: What would you be willing to do in order to survive?
- Gild by Raven KennedyGild is a riveting and twisty retelling of King Midas’ tale, and book #1 in Raven Kennedy’s Plated Prisoner series.
Genres, Tags, and Topics
3-Stars 4-Stars 5-Stars Advanced Reader Copy Asian Authors Book Tour Chick Lit Colleen Hoover Contemporary Romance Cozy Mystery Fantasy Fiction Gothic Historical Fiction Literature Magical Realism Mary H.K. Choi Matt Haig Memoir Mia P. Manansala Min Jin Lee Mystery Mythology and Folk Tales Non-Fiction OwnVoices Personal Development Psychological Suspense Psychological Thriller Raven Kennedy recommendations Romance Romantic Suspense Sally Thorne Sarah Pearse Sarah Penner Sarah Suk Series Sheryl Sandberg Silvia Moreno-Garcia Speculative Fiction T.J. Klune Thien-Kim Lam Thriller YA Zen Cho